Ringwood Technology provide a substantial range of services and products across a range of sectors in the Information Technology field, both hardware and software. Due to the varying nature of the tasks required and the fact that all client and supplier infrastructure varies, we have some standard terms and conditions that will apply to all customers, but on occasion these may be enhanced due to the task at hand.
1. Costing – Ringwood Technology endeavour to provide a costing for all jobs, but due to the nature of technology and adaptations to software or hardware as a result of wilful or viral means, it will on occasion be necessary to adapt the costing during the process of the works should any previously unavailable information come to light, or should client requirements deviate from the initial requirement. All costings will be provided by email, a copy of which will be retained on file.
2. Data back up - All customers should ensure that they operate a valid data back-up procedure for all important information (we can provide solutions at extra cost should they be required). During the course of repairs to computers, laptops or other equipment we will endeavour to retrieve and restore such information but can not be held responsible where such data becomes corrupted due to external factors beyond the control of Ringwood Technology.
4. Warranty - Ringwood Technology will in most situations be required to purchase equipment or components for customers and such equipment is guaranteed under the warranty of the manufacturer concerned only and all such documentation will be left with the customer whereupon it will be their responsibility to retain same on file along with any passwords provided or created to use same. Where a return to base warranty is in place it is the customer’s responsibility to arrange for same, collection or return by our employees will incur a fee which must be paid on the day. Replacement hardware is at the discretion of the third party supplier and we cannot be held responsible for same.
5. Equipment only sales - where a customer requests the purchase of equipment such as a laptop, computer or IT components, full payment will be required on delivery of same. Where this equipment is provided as part of an installation, service or repairs, please refer to our payment terms listed below at point 6.
6. Payment terms – as of 1st August 2012 the following terms and conditions will apply to all customers;
- 50% deposit payment, based on initial costings
- 25% on completion of works, based on final costings
- 25% within 10 days of works completed.
- Equipment only/parts will require 100% payment at time of sale. Where a component must be ordered specifically for a job, payment will be required in full before such order is placed. Software installation or upgrades which apply to equipment sales will also require 100% payment.
- Where a third party is involved e.g. e-Trackit for EPOS, payment will be in line with their standard terms and conditions.
- Surcharges will apply for payments made via paypal, these will be passed on to clients.
- Administration charges passed on to us by banks as a result of payment issues at the customer side will be charged to clients.
- In instances where an amount remains outstanding from a previous job, these accounts must be cleared before new projects commence – queries in relation to this may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All customers will receive a pro-forma invoice at commencement of works with a final invoice being raised within 7 days of completion of same. A final statement of works will be provided with all invoices.
7. Late payments – in accordance with legislation Ringwood Technology will pass on a late payment fee, as of 1st July 2012 this is 8% per annum or 0.022% daily rate in line with the Late Payments In Commercial Transactions Regulations 2002 – full details of the legislation are available here. Where no payment is forthcoming it will as 1st August 2012 be company policy to pursue all debts through a third party or small claims court once all reasonable efforts to retrieve payment have been exhausted.
8. Existing customers – all existing customers with an outstanding balance as of 1st August 2012 will be provided with a window in which to make payment of 30th August, balance payments remaining outstanding after this date will incur interest charges applicable.
9. Payments accepted – Ringwood Technology accept payment by cheque, bank transfer or paypal. If you wish to make payment by bank transfer or paypal please contact email@example.com for details. Cheque payments should be posted to Ringwood Technology, 17 Achill Road, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin.
10. Post works – once works have been completed by Ringwood Technology we will provide a statement of works to confirm what components have been supplied and what works have been completed which the customer will be required to sign off on at this point. Any Hardware items that fail due to device malfunction are covered by a full return to base warranty. Any Hardware component failure that requires a Technician to visit site to resolve such issues, will incur a standard callout fee (+ additional hourly labour rates where applicable).
11. Special offers – on occasion we will offer special offers, each of which will come with specified terms & conditions. In order to avail of such offers payment terms outlined must be strictly adhered to without exception.
12. Third party works – where a third party is involved in works contracted by Ringwood Technology, terms and conditions will vary to take into account the nature of terms applicable to such third parties.
13. Standard call out rate (business customers) – our standard rate for customers in the Greater Dublin Area is €100 which includes first hour on site. Customers outside of this area should contact Barry at 0872772652 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
14. The Ultimate Marketing & I.T. Start-Up Package – as this is a limited offer available to start-ups, we do have some specific offers which apply to this offer only which are in addition to the above;
The Ultimate Marketing & I.T. Start-up Package
- This package is available to business start-ups from June 2013 only and is subject to limited availability.
- This is a partner deal between both The Marketing Shop and Ringwood Technology with those taking up the offer entitled to avail of services from either company on a monthly basis to suit the changing demands of the start-up business.
- Payment will be made either directly to The Marketing Shop or Ringwood Technology in advance of any works being completed with payment being made to the business you purchased the offer from.
- The package is based on a half-day or five hour session per month to cover your needs in Marketing or I.T. with additional hours being charged if this time is exceeded. Payment for such additional hours will be required within 14 days of invoice. In the case of equipment supplied these will require payment on delivery In the case of I.T. support it will apply to 2 laptops or desktops, a surcharge may apply where additional devices are available within the business.
- Any charges surplus to labour will be borne by the client. Such charges might include hardware or software for IT services, advertising costs for a marketing campaign, print and design by a third party, subscription services to a third party. This is not an exclusive list, quotes will be provided by The Marketing Shop and/or Ringwood Technology as the need arises.
- In the case of training, it will be the business owner’s responsibility to make a venue with equipment available. The Marketing Shop and/or Ringwood Technology will provide appropriate training materials as necessary.
- Minimum contract period 3 months. The sum of €400 per month will be payable in monthly instalments in advance of each calendar month with a 30 day notice period required from month four.
- All charges are exclusive of V.A.T. of 23%
Brief outline of works required:
Date works to commence:
Business registration number:
Official business address:
On behalf of Ringwood Technology:
Terms & conditions – updated June 2013